Monday, September 19, 2011

Finally some crafting!

Hello my loves!  Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!  I wanted to spend the whole thing crafting but there just aren't enough hours in the day.  I started a couple of projects and managed to finish one that I've been wanting to do for a while.  I talked about the trend of using moss in decorating in this post and I finally got a chance to use some!

Tada!


I know it's not the kind of moss that I talked about in my previous post (that stuff is more green and I'm told it's called reindeer moss?) but I still like it anyway!  There was the ugliest mermaid print in my bathroom that I took down when I moved back home.  My Mom says she doesn't even remember when she bought it or how it got there.  Yikes.  So for a while, the wall has been blank and just waiting for something fun.  I think this constitutes as fun.

I had this "C" and I still have an "M" (my initials, which conveniently enough works for me and the boyfriend too) that I bought a while back on an impulse.  I was going to paint them to hang in the bedroom, but I couldn't decided what I wanted to do.  Enter moss.


I hot glued that stuff down until my fingers and palms were burned.  I'm sure there is an easier way but I wanted to get it done.


Then my Mom walks by and just casually comments, "You could add a mushroom or some flowers to add some color and interest."  Why is this woman such a genius?!  So I did just that for fun.  I used the mushroom from her wreath to see how I felt about it.


Cute, but not the look I was necessarily going for.  So I played with some felt flowers I had to see how that looked.


Also cute but I'm a finicky gal and I couldn't decide if I wanted them or not, so I just left them off.  I can always add them on later if I want.  Besides, I think it looks good with just the moss on it. 


Although I was wondering one thing.  If it's hanging in the bathroom and it's real moss, is something weird gonna happen to it?  If it gets all moist from the steam am I going to have a mini-jungle-growing-over-the-toilet situation?  Only my irrational brain thinks of this stuff for you guys.  Look out for a future post on the other projects I started over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment