Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A dash of lazy, a pinch of love

So remember Friday's post where I said I was going to bake all those delicious treats over the weekend?  Yeahhh....I didn't.  Call me a lazy bum but the weather was too nice (besides the 439 degree heat) to stay inside and bake.  So I spent my time in the pool instead.  Sue me for wanting to be a bronzed goddess.  (Which if you know me is impossible because I am as pale as the underside of a dragon.)

But to make up for my lack of baking over the weekend, I decided to make my chocolate chip cookies yesterday and post the recipe for y'all.  (Recipe at the bottom of post.)  Yes, you may thank me later when your family and friends are stuffing their faces with cookies and exclaiming you are a baking genius.  Now you might think, "Corinne, I know how to make chocolate chip cookies.  The recipe is on the bag for pete's sake."  Alas my friends, you have not made these cookies.  They are chewy on the inside, crispy on the outside and so, so tasty.

So to make these babies you need: flour, baking soda, salt, butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and chocolate chips.

Mix all your dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt) in one bowl and set aside.

Then you mix the rest in a larger bowl (butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla).

Next, you're going to want to sloooowly add your dry ingredients into the wet stuff.  I usually do it in about 3 or 4 parts so I don't mix it all over the kitchen.  I also tend to use a spoon or rubber spatula for the last bit because the batter gets pretty doughy.

Now...the good stuff.  Stir in the chocolate chips.  I find half a bag is enough for a batch but if want them with more chocolate, go crazy.  (And please excuse the moldy-esque look of these chips.  They've been open in my pantry for a couple of months and I am too poor to buy more.)  Feel free to taste test the cookie dough at this point...you know...to make sure it's not poisoned...or anything like that. 
Place ping pong sized (do you like my precise measurement terms?) amounts of dough on the cookie sheet and pop them in to bake.  Wait for your house to fill with the amazing aroma that is fresh cookies baking.

And now eat 5 or 6 hot out of the oven share with your friends and family!  (Oh and please enjoy my artsy cookie photographs.  I know you are wowed by my fab photo editing skills.)


Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies
-2 cups flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-3/4 tsp salt
-1/2 cup butter (1 whole stick)
-1 1/2 cups brown sugar (feel free to add more if you want chewier cookies)
-2 eggs
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-Chocolate chips

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.  Mix dry ingredients together, set aside.  Mix wet ingredients together in larger bowl.  Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in small increments.  Mix thoroughly and add chocolate chips.  Place dough on cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!

What's your go to desert recipe?  Feel free to post it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment