Monday, August 22, 2011

Ring-a-ling

So because I'm so normal (yes I know, hard to believe), I spent countless hours a few minutes looking at engagement rings online today.  Ah, no, I am not engaged, but it felt like the right thing to do at the time.

Wrong.  I was so very wrong.  I got all wrapped up in the sparkly little devils and was thrown into temptation.  And it's so easy to do when you see the endless possibilities of what could be on your left finger.  You forget the meaning of the word budget or that you are looking to find a place to live that isn't your parent's house.  You find yourself saying "Psh, $5,000 for a ring?  Nooo problemo!  I'll just forgo food for a few years and give up my first born child.  Easy as pie!"  Especially confronted with this:


Ah, Tacori, why must your rings be so beautiful yet so freaking expensive?

Now the boyfriend and I have gone to try on some rings together, just to see what I like, but I am a picky lady (also hard to believe, I know) so it's taken some time to figure it out.  I didn't know how many stones I liked in a setting or what kind of style fit me.  And don't even ask me questions about the actual diamond.  Luckily, I have a very patient man and I have narrowed it down to a specific style. 




And looking at those rings now, I see that they are all actually different styles.  Oh boy.  Poor Matt.  However,  the style I'm most drawn to actually has a name (Edwardian).  (Who knew I would be able to be so specific?)  I've always liked rings that looked more antique but now I have something to go off of which is totes exciting for me, and it puts the boyfriend in a better spot when he decides to buy one.  You do have to be careful with the style though, because sometimes they can end up looking more like class rings and less like engagement rings.  

At this point in time it's all just fun to look at but I know the day will come before I know it where Matt gets down on one knee and I bawl my eyes out.  And I know that whatever he picks will be beautiful, so I'm not worried at all.  (He really is a better shopper for me than I am.  Puts me to shame.)

And that's one of the reasons I love him.






No comments:

Post a Comment