Thursday, August 16, 2012

Nails, nails, nails.

Time for another beauty product review!  Today it's going to be an oldie but a goodie.  Fake press on nails.  Because you know what?  Sometimes you have to bring back a middle school favorite every once in a while.  

But make no mistake, these are wayyyy better than the crappy plastic and cheap this-won't-keep-fake-nails-on-but-glues-my-fingers-together glue.  

And that is why I had to share.

On my lunch break a few weeks back I went into a drugstore to feed my Diet Coke addiction look around to kill time, and I came across these bad boys. 

(source)

Impress press-on nails by Broadway nails.  Of course, I'm a sucker for adorable packaging and they were only about $7, so I was sold.  I bought them in the hot pink color shown above because hey, if you're gonna bring back your teenage years, go all out.  

So I got home and I set up to put them on right away.  There's no messy glue to deal with, which was amazing, just an adhesive on the back of each nail.  Really goof proof.  I think they turned out pretty good and they stayed on for over a week which is longer than a regular manicure would.




(Sorry for my cracked out cuticles and isn't my ring so beautiful?!  I know you're not supposed to brag about it, but I still think that even after being engaged for almost a year.  So sue me.)

Ok, back to the nails. Let's break it down shall we?

Pros
-The color is super fun and didn't chip at all
-The nails are flexible so they fit to your nail comfortably and easily
-They are impossible to screw up during application.  Just peel, stick, and go.
-Pretty cheap (cheaper with the coupon on their website!) for fake nails
-They lasted longer than a regular polish manicure would
-24 in a pack means better chances of finding a more natural fit
-The adhesive holds really well and didn't dissolve after showering, washing my hands, etc.

Cons
-The original length was a little longer than I'm comfortable with, so I had to cut and file each nail 
-Because they were flexible, the corners bent back a little on my thumbs after a few days
-The color isn't all that shiny by itself so I had to add a topcoat which then chipped since it was on top of plastic 
-They are thicker than most fake nails (which you think would be a pro, but it made them look more fake than I would have liked)

Overall, if you don't want to spend the money at a nail salon but want the look, you should try these.  They're cheap enough that you won't feel bad if you don't like them and they're a fun alternative to nail polish.  I liked them so much that I bought the french manicure style to try next.

My thirteen year old self would be so proud.



*I am in no way sponsored by Broadway nails, I just like to share a product I think is good.  But hey, if you gals at Broadway want to sponsor me, that would be way cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment