Monday, July 9, 2012

Beauty Product Love

Pay no attention to the fact that I may or may not have totally stolen borrowed this blog post idea from another blog.

With that being said, I feel like I have to share my knowledge with you because I obvs know everything there is to know about makeup and saving money.

Ha.

No but fo' reals, I love makeup.  Have you all seen my nail polish collection?  I also have a huge train case full of a million eye shadows in every color.  And just because I wear the same shade every day does not mean I don't need the rest of them thankyouverymuch.

And since I love makeup so much, I have to be a little thrifty when it comes to buying it.  Being the broke cost-savvy lady I am, I get all my makeup from the drugstore or Target.  No Mac or Clinique for me.  And you know what?  I honestly can't tell the difference.  Ok, so maybe it doesn't last as long or it's not as high quality, but I still think it looks the same on my face.  Which needs makeup and can't afford a $28 mascara.

So, when if find a product, it's cheap and I think it's awesome, I figured why not share it with you guys?  It will make us all happy.  And by us I also am including our guys who actually keep track of what's in the bank account.

Alrighty, so first up is a product that I actually read about on another blog and then I heard about it again from my sister in law.  She is also loves makeup so I know I can count on a review from her.

1. Revlon's Lip Butter - $7

The way she described it was "just like lip balm but with sparkles and a tint".  She had me at sparkles.  Literally, the day after she told me about it, I went and bought one on my lunch break.  And I was so happy I did!  It has just enough color where it can be sheer if you want, but if you add a couple of layers it's more like a lipstick.  It's creamy and doesn't dry out or flake, and there's a hint of shine.  It's perfect for me because I love the color lipstick gives, but I don't even have time to look in a mirror at work.  I can just apply it and know it looks good.  And in searching for the picture above (which is from Amazon) I decided to go out and buy four other colors.  That's how great Revlon's Lip Butter is.

2. Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara - $6.75


You should know that I am pretty much an expert on mascara.  My eyelashes are totally blond, so I will always use mascara to keep little children from running and screaming when they see me.  I've probably tried every brand, but I just keep coming back to this one.  The coverage it gives is great, it doesn't flake, and it really does help your lashes grow.  Mine have definitely been longer and a little thicker thanks to this stuff.  I've bought it three times in a row now and I love it.  I use it with a volume-adding (volumizing?) mascara every day.  Even though the brush is still old school and not that soft plastic like Cover Girl's, it still doesn't leave any clumps behind.  Definitely would recommend you at least try it.  It's so cheap you really can't afford not to.

3. Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Calming Creme - $23


Ok so technically this stuff is a little expensive since it's sold in the salons, but it is so amazing that I feel the need to share with you.  I have wild hair.  It likes to frizz at any given moment and it refuses to be tamed.  It is straight on the top and very bottom, and then in the middle it's curly and wavy.  Nutso hair.  My stylist recommended this stuff and let me tell you, I use it every single day.  It is really worth the hefty price tag.  It smooths my curls so that they behave, and it defines them so they're not a frizzy mess.  I put this stuff in all over, spray a little hairspray, and let it air dry.  Which is just about a miracle given my hair.  If you have curly, or even wavy hair, I would try this stuff.  It's liquid gold in a bottle.

4. Orly Protective Polymer Shield - $7.99

Normally I wouldn't pay more than a few dollars for a topcoat of nail polish, but I remember stealing this stuff from my sister and being amazed.  I went out and got my own a few days later.  Much like the gel manicures, this stuff is thicker than regular nail polish and contains polymers, so it protects your nails better and keeps them from chipping for longer.  It's super shiny, which I love, and it gives the polish underneath the look of a gel manicure.  I am a big fan of this stuff and I probably wouldn't wear any other topcoat now that I have it.

So that's just some of the products I use often and would highly recommend to you ladies looking to shake up your beauty routine.  Let me know in the comments if this is a type of post you would like to see again, and thanks for stopping by!

*I was not compensated by any of these companies to review these products, I'm just a big fan.  Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment