Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A little housekeeping

Helloooo! I hope you all had fabulous holiday weekends.  Mine was well spent at the beach.  And I may or may not have eaten the majority of a blueberry-lemon cheesecake.  It has fruit so it doesn't count, right?  At least that's what I keep telling myself. 

Anyway, I would like to share some exciting news with you guys.  Coming soon to the lovely world wide web will be my new online store, Looking Glass & Lace!  It's still in the early stages but I am so incredibly excited to start sharing!  I will be selling all sorts of girly, fun things as well as some home decor stuff.  Originally I had looked at Etsy to sell my items, but it's just not the right platform for me.  So with much encouragement from friends and family, I'm going to start my own web page.  And you guys, it's not even about making money.  That's just a bonus.  This store is another outlet for me to make crafts and make people happy with things that they would love to have.  I am just super, super thrilled and ready to get started!

Alright enough with the excitement.  Ok...just one more woo!!  Ok...I'm finished.  Like I said, I have problems.

The next item of business is a little more on the serious side, but I feel it needs to be said.  Recently on a few of the blogs that I read, there have been posts about photo rights and crediting the right sources.  I realize that I myself have not always posted the correct link back to the original source, but I always try to give credit when I can.  As a new blogger, it's hard to figure out the "right" way to post/credit and what the unofficial rules of blogging are.  It is definitely a learning process.  However, I have immense respect and gratitude for all the photographers, designers, and editors that allow us to use their pictures.  Without you guys, our blogs would be boring!  I just wanted to throw that out into the universe so that it's been said.  Also to be noted, if anyone ever wants to use any of my original photos, you are always more than welcome as long as you just shoot me an email asking for permission.  A little thought goes a long way!

On that note, enough with the serious stuff.  I know it has to be written sometimes but I will be back to my usual shenanigans tomorrow with my post about what I made over the weekend.  Hint hint: there may or may not be three of them.

And here's a little thought to get you going through the day after a holiday weekend; it's only a four day work week! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment