Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Finally. The reveal.

Oh-em-gee am I dramatic or what?  I have been making you guys wait for forever to see what I made over the weekend.  It's not like I invented the new Pajama-jean or anything.  Jeeze.  So, let's get to it!  I finally figured out what I was going to do with the set of shadow box frames I got on clearance and I love them!


Now you might be thinking that the one in the middle looks an awful like the one from Pottery Barn that cost $59.00, and you would be correct because it does.  However, I made mine for about $7.00 so I was pretty darn proud of myself.

Theirs:
{Pottery Barn}

And mine:

 
Granted their photographer is much better at capturing the images, but I love mine!  And it saved me so much money to do it myself.  I even had some spare keys left over which inspired me to make something else.



It's a little frame that sits on my crafting desk.  And yes, that is an Eiffel Tower lamp.  My room in my parent's house is french kitsch.  Hence the red, black, and white thing going on.  Of course to go along with the kitschy frenchness, I had to make some silhouettes.  (Because they're are obvs french.)


It's a little hard to tell from the photos, but the frames are on the back of the shadow box and the silhouettes themselves are popped off the matting.  And of course I don't know when enough is enough, so I added one more silhouette to the room.


Originally I wanted the silhouette of a fancy chandelier, but there was no way I had enough patience to cut out all the tiny, little details.  I think the finches are cute anyway.

The last box I made is especially sentimental because it's copies of some of the letters Matt and I have given each other over the years.  I copied them and shrunk them down so they would fit in the box.  It's going to go in the new place over our bed. 


So those are the shadow boxes I have been talking about nonstop.  They were a lot of fun to do and if I could, I would put them all over the house.  You know, that's not a bad idea...  Matt is going to haaaate me!


*Just a little side note: sorry for the quality of these pictures.  I edited them differently this time and I am not very happy with how they turned out.  Back to the old way!  Sorry again!

No comments:

Post a Comment