Thursday, September 1, 2011

Interior Inspiration

Hello lovelies!  I can't believe I'm already writing another interior inspiration post.  This week has flown by!  But as you know, that means the weekend is fast approaching, which means more time to be crafty.  My fav!

Thanks to my local craft store, I picked up a set of three shallow shadow box frames on clearance.  Thankyouverymuch. Alas I am a goof and forgot to take a picture of them, but they have black frames and are about the size of a sheet of paper.  They're not super deep but that's ok because I'm not sure what I'm going to put in them yet.  I just know that our walls in our old apartments have been sadly bare and I want to build up a nice collection of custom artwork.  So to get the creative juices flowing, I Googled "shadow boxes".  (You guys know that can be a slippery slope.)

 The first ones I found were from Pottery Barn, and as you know it can be a very dangerous website to visit.  Their lovely items beckon to my credit cards.  These key shadow boxes were no exception.


Really nice, but they were a whopping $59.00-79.00.  Yikes.  Luckily, I know I can recreate that look for sure.  I wish I had a collection of old keys but I have 3D metal stickers somewhere that would look just as cool.  Definitely loving this look.  Plus if I end up getting the key handles for the armoire, they would tie in nicely.

I also like 365 days 2 simplicity's idea of using nature in a shadow box.


I would love to use different pieces of the outdoors, and the great part is you can switch it up based on the seasons outside.  She also had the clever idea of using the twigs as a background for a photo.  Here's the finished product.


Loving those burnt orange walls!

Then I found this amazing compilation. So many different directions you could go in when making these.

{Images clockwise from top left via Martha Stewart, laurenrabbit on etsy, elizabethwren on etsy, Uncommon Goods, assembleart on etsy, Country Living, Design*Sponge, HerOwnHand on etsy}

I especially love the french one with the little shelf and the one with the painted letter.  I do have those two wooden letters I need to use...

One other option I liked is one that's been floating around on different blogs and Pinterest for a while so I'm not sure who to link it to.  I'm thinking a big name company?  I feel like I saw it in a recent catalog.  Anyway, it's a cool way to display your jewelry.


(Dying over that coral necklace!)  This would be a great way to keep my necklaces from getting tangled but I don't know if my boxes would work because they're so small.

So that's my inspiration for this weekend.  I want to try and get at least one box done.  And you know I'll be posting the end results.  Do you have any ideas or suggestions for what I can do to jazz up my clearance boxes?

**I knew I saw those jewelery shadow boxes somewhere.  They're from Better Homes & Gardens.  I wanted to credit the source. Thanks for dealing with my brain fart!



No comments:

Post a Comment