Thursday, September 22, 2011

Interior Inspiration: Things I Want But Cannot Afford.

For starters, in a fit of forgetfulness, I said in my post yesterday that I would be posting the results of my jewelry shadow box today.  Except today is Thursday.  And Thursday is "Interior Inspiration" day.  So just kidding about the shadow box and it will be up tomorrow.  I know I broke my pinky swear promise and for that I owe you a soda.  (Yes the rules are the same as jinx.)   I'm sorry my brain is as functional as a turnip.  It's been a rough week.

However, to make up for it I do have some wonderful inspiration for today.  And it all stems from a magical piece of mail I received.  No, I was not invited to Hogwarts.  It was a magazine from Restoration Hardware.  And can I just say, good gracious, Holy Batman and oh. em. gee.  Anyone that knows me knows that I am a Pottery Barn fa-reeak but when I saw this stuff, I just about died.  Not that I can afford any of it it mind you.  Oh no, I am too poor for someone else to go out and reclaim architectural goodies for me.  But a girl can dream.

Prepare to drool.

First of all, why the heck did I not think of putting chandeliers in birdcages?  A. I love birdcages of all shapes and sizes and B.  I am obsessed with chandeliers. C. Oh right, my brain is a turnip.  Well, good thing the folks at RH figured it out because they are so gorg.


P.s.  I would like you all to note the images printed on old blueprints and papers in the background because oh yeah I posted about that.  Booyah!  If they're putting it in magazines than maybe I actually do know what I'm talking about.  So maybe the brain is not a turnip, maybe it's a pumpkin.  Nice upgrade.

Moving on.


Oh hai moss!  Totes stealing the idea of moss balls.


LURVE the candles over the table!


Everything about this room is lovely.  The all white books on the bookcase, the orbs on the coffee table, the floor to ceiling curtains, and the boxes in the fireplace.  I would like one of everything pleaseandthanks.


I would have never thought to put pictures up that high on a wall but it makes such a dramatic statement.  Note to self: get higher ceilings. 

I can't believe I have found a store I love just as much as Pottery Barn but it was design love at first sight.  And the best part is that I know I can totally recreate some of their looks!  That's always the fun part. Oooh the crafting wheels are turning.

Tomorrow will be the shadow box reveal (I double pinky promise.  I hear you can't break those.) and man does it look cute.  Martha Stewart would be proud.

*All photos are from Restoration Hardware

No comments:

Post a Comment