Thursday, September 29, 2011

Interior Inspiration: Halloween Decor

It's coming you guys.  One of my absolute favorite holidays of the year.  I know we're not quite through September yet but there's already an abundance of candy decorations in the stores.  It's Halloween!  And it's not on my favorites list just because of the candy because you know I don't eat that stuff.

Ahem.

It's everything about it.  The decorations, the costumes, the cheesy Disney movies (Halloweentown anyone?), the weather.  It all makes me smile.  So even though we have four plus weeks until this glorious night, I wanted to share some decorating ideas that made my heart pitter patter.  And of course they're courtesy of Martha Stewart.  Darn her and her fab clan of glue-gun-toting designers. 

So naturally I have to begin with some wreaths.  (I really should get this obsession checked out.  It's getting out of control.)


This is the only time of year that you can get away with black flowers of any kind so I say go for it.  Plus it would be super easy to hot glue those babies onto a foam wreath and add some ribbon.  All you would have to do is paint your front door orange (ha) and you're good to go.

And of course one of my wreath discussions wouldn't be complete without a little moss action.


Can you see why it is perfect for all occasions?  The next item totally reminds me of Disney's Haunted Mansion ride.  (You guys don't even know the depths of my Disney World addiction.  It is a real thing and one day I will be able to share with you how much I love it and want to live there visit for a weekend like a normal person).


Bonus points if you can name what part of the ride this looks like it's from!

Then of course if you're lucky enough to have a fountain or bird bath you can Halloween-it-up with some fun pumpkins, moss, and a raven.


And this one makes me want to build a fence just so I can decorate it.


The last one is for the kiddos because it would be super easy to do and a great alternative to carving a pumpkin.


Zombie pumpkins!  So cute!

These are just some of the ideas for how you could decorate your house to welcome in Halloween but there's tons of them floating around on the internet so I will be back with more next Thursday!

And by then it will actually be appropriate because it will be October.  

You better believe I am counting down the days until the 31st.



~All photos from Martha Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment