Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Gettin' my nails did.

Hellooooo!  So sorry I've been incognito as of late, but life has given me a lot of creative opportunities lately and they've been taking up all my hours between work and sleep.  It's so great that I've been able to make all these things, however my blog has definitely suffered.  But have no fear!  I am ready to continue with my daily postings. 

So let's talk beauty!  I have told you guys my plight with nail polishes and choosing colors but recently it hasn't even mattered what color I've chosen because it's been staying on a maximum of four days.  I work at a preschool and I wash my hands about 300 times a day. (That is not an exaggeration.)  No matter what topcoat I have over my polish, it starts to peel and come off.  I've been asking around for a better method (I really don't want to go back to the damaging pink and whites I used to wear) when my godmother finally clued me into something fabulous.

Enter Shellac.


It's a new type of manicure that's a mix between regular polish and gel.  It's supposed to last fourteen days or more. 

Sign me up.

When I heard that it lasted for that long I couldn't believe it, but there's people that have tried it and love it so I'm willing to give it a shot.   It costs about $30 at my local salon, so it's a little more than a manicure but if it lasts longer than 14 days, I'm in.  Now the only problem I have is what color polish to choose.  (There are 50 to choose from.  Ay caramba.)  


I don't know if I should go with a dark, funky color for fall or a lighter, more neutral pink.  Ah, the problems I have.  I will be going this weekend so you guys can bet I will be chronicling this whole process because if I can help other people out, then we all win! 


*All photos from here.
*I am in no way affiliated with the CND brand or Shellac polish.  I just want to share a miracle when I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment