Monday, August 29, 2011

Look what I made!

First off, if you live on the East coast and you were affected by Hurricane Irene this past weekend, I hope you and your family/friends are all safe and well.  I have been through my share of hurricanes living in Florida and I know they can be scary sometimes.  My thoughts are definitely going out to all of you!

So even though Irene didn't hit here in South Florida, we did get quite a bit of rain last week, which gave me an excuse to be crafty.  The projects I made weren't actually my idea.  I saw them on one of my fav blogs Mrs. Priss.  (Follow the link for the tutorial, and seriously, go check her out, she is hilarious!) 

Nonetheless, I am so happy with how they turned out and I wanted to share with you.  They are really simple to make and turn out so nicely. They're yarn wreaths! (I wish I could take the credit.  They are adorbs!)



So cute right? I wasn't going to post about them at all because I am going to make some as Christmas gifts, but I figure that seeing these now will get my friends excited for what they might get.  (Or they could tell me they look like garbage on the walls and I know to make something else.  It's a win win!)

I have wanted to make something to go over my bed in my parent's house for a while because all I have up there is a tea light holder I bought like 300 years ago.


Yawn.  It was pretty, but not really the look I was going for.  And while you're wondering, yes, I have red walls and yes, I have always wanted them and had to fight my parents for them in our new house.  I figure if I am going to be staying here until after the holidays (pleeeeease baby Jesus let me move out after the holidays), I might as well have the room decorated nicely.  So I decided to make a yarn wreath for it.


Much more me.  Then of course my Mom saw it and she wanted one too.  I was only too happy to oblige.


Voila!  Woodland themed for fall!  (And it's not really displayed on the mirror, I just couldn't put a hole in the wall to take a picture.)


The little bee is my fav.  Kills me!

So I hope you think they're not cheesy incredible because they were handcrafted with love, and that you try to make them on your own. These are sooo easy to do and I seriously could make them all day if I got the chance.  Cannot wait to make them as presents.  How many days until Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment