Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring is in the air.

 So that picture you saw at the top of the last post was actually from this little tabletop vignette that I made on our dining room table.  Our house was feeling a little bare and I love spring so much that I had to add little touches here and there.  The best part?  The runner was $7 and I already had everything else.  You can't really tell from this photo, but there's a bird and a nest with eggs inside the jar on top of the moss.  The books have since changed to the more neutral covers of Aseop's Fables and Alice and Wonderland, but I think it turned out pretty cute.

I also like the change out the fillers in my apothecary jars every once in a while, so I filled one with some 3D paper mushrooms that I picked up at Michael's for a dollar a piece and then painted myself.  Naturally I forgot to take a photo.  But I am a big fan of using things other than sand and moss so I just found random stuff we had around the house and put it in a smaller jar on the counter.

Pretty cute right?

I also put some silk peonies in a vase and some lanterns in a few spots to round out the spring decor in our place.  Even Matt noticed when he got home from a business trip.  I guess that means it turned out really cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment