Sunday, December 11, 2011

Who comes up with this stuff?

Normally I don't post on Sundays, but I just needed to share a piece of technology cuteness that I am dying about.

And no it is not a video of kittens singing "Jingle Bells" along with a piano, although that would be pretty cute and if you find that video, pass it along. 

No I mean technology as in actual piece of technology that you use.  As most of us that don't have an extra $600 laying around for a certain tablet know,  the Kindle Fire has come out recently.  And since I am in pretty good with Santa, I know that there will be one under my tree this year.  So naturally, I was looking at covers for my spiffy new e-reader since I know it will be completely destroyed if it remains uncovered in my purse. 

Enter the temptress genius Kate Spade and her fabulous covers.  They are designed to be new, modern versions of the old classic books we all know and love. 

Such as Great Expectations.


One of my favorite plays, The Importance of Being Earnest.

And the one that had me drooling, The Great Gatsby.


Are these not to die for?!  Not to mention the interior pattern is black and white pinstripes.  I mean, be still my little heart. 

The only problem with these are that they cost eighty five dollars.  Um, the Kindle Fire itself costs one hundred and ninety nine...  I just can't justify spending (or asking someone else to spend) that much on a cover. 

Sigh.

I figure if I wait long enough, they'll be all over Ebay and then I can take my chances on finding one for less money.  Until then I'll just keep drooling over them online.

That Great Gatsby one just kills me. 

Santa, can you bring me a money tree?  K'thanks.

Thirteen days until Christmas.  Thirteen.

Ok.  I'm done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment