Thursday, September 15, 2011

Interior Inspiration: Paper Flowers

I know I keep writing all these posts with crafts and things I want to make, and I promise I will post pictures and tutorials of everything soon!  It's just been crazy busy with me starting my new job.  It's been hard to find time to actually sit down and craft!  Plus we've been house/dog sitting for friends this week, so I haven't been home to where all my crafting supplies are.  But have no fear, next week should be full of things I have actually made myself.  (If all goes according to plan.  Cross your fingers.)

This week's interior inspiration is all about paper flowers.  Which I would like to make.  Add them to the list.  That keeps growing.  I fell in love with them a while back when I was messing around looking at wedding photos.  Am I freak for looking at other people's weddings?  I really don't think so.  I know you guys do it too.  It's ok, we're in this together. 

A couple had used old book pages to make the groom's corsage and the bride's bouquet.


{From offbeatbride which I'm told no longer exists}
If I remember correctly, they were very much into reading and picked their favorite books to make the flowers.  Really cute idea but certainly not new.  So imagine my delight when I found a wreath made of these babies.  I know what you're thinking.  I really have a wreath problem.  But this one is just so amazing!


But it doesn't stop with just old book paper.  (Oh. Em. Gee.  Are you thinking what I'm thinking?  Sheet.  Music.  Flowers.  Ahh!  That would be amazing!)  I also love flowers made out of all the different paper mediums.  Crepe paper streamers, tissue paper, scrapbooking paper, the possibilities are really endless.

{todays fabulous finds}
 
{36th street events}

{maya made}

{Wendy Chung of Dozi Design via Craftershock}

I especially love the idea of them making a garland.  Look how pretty!

{Pretty Swell}

I have a feeling I'm going to have bouquets of these all over the house.  I see nothing wrong with that though.  No planting, watering, or growing required!  Keep your eye out for future posts with these homemade beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment