Saturday, May 19, 2012

Taking it in stride.

If any of you caught my last post on picking a venue, you might have noticed it's no longer on the blog.  Unfortunately I had to pull it because it turns out that is not our wedding venue spot anymore.  After some budget shifting and looking at the fine print on the contract, it turns out we would have really had to pinch some pennies in other areas in order to afford this place.  I was upset at first because it was pretty awesome and we both really liked it.  But after some tears rational thinking, we realized that you have to go with what you can afford and our wedding will still be wonderful no matter where we have it.  It's just one of those planning curveballs that I've learned to deal with and learn from.

And if you want a little sap for your weekend, it's all about the person you're marrying and the actual marriage and not so much the wedding itself amiright?

So of course I am a little terrified that if I do another post about our wedding venue, everything will go haywire, so I'm going to keep it a secret until all the contracts and paperwork are signed and official.  

Naturally the second that happens I will be posting on here.  I appreciate your patience as you bear with me and my all-over-the-placeness, (yes, that's a phrase now), and just be glad you're not my fiance handing me the kleenex.

Alright!  Now onto the good stuff!  Our new venue (keep your fingers crossed) has a different vibe than the first one, but it actually works perfectly with the feel we want for the ceremony and reception.  It came to me tonight in the form of a Google search.  

Vintage garden romance.  

Sigh, it just sounds lovely doesn't it?  Here's some picture goodness since I realize that those three things aren't really describing a style and to normal people they don't make a whole lot of sense.  They also describe the very vague color scheme I have of "garden-y yellow, grey, and white, with some pink and blue thrown in, but not too summery".  

Let's just let the pictures do the talking, mkay?





Since we are lucky enough to have greenery in South Florida year round, it doesn't really matter that our wedding looks like it should take place in the spring when it's really in October.  At least that's what I keep telling myself.  And my fiance.  And my parents.  (Love y'all!) So hopefully that makes a little more sense with some visuals but I should probably work on my wording before visiting a florist right?

Oh, and stay tuned for a post dedicated to wedding dresses.  Oh me, oh my have I found some beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment